Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pastor's Appreciation Month

Last year when I posted my "Have You Hugged Your Pastor?" update I thought I knew some things my pastor would like to receive for Pastor's Appreciation Month but this year as I have embarked in a new role, as pastor's wife, I have a deep found appreciation for ministers and their families.

May I suggest 7 simple ways to honor your pastor this month:

1. Pray for him and his family.
2. Give your pastor the weekend off; invite a guest speaker.
3. Send your pastor on a Weekend to Remember (Hey, a pastor's wife can dream.)
4. Get involved in your church. SERVE!
5. Give him a gift card to use with his family.
6. Buy him a new bible.
7. Continue to encourage and motivate him.

What are you planning to do for your pastor?

At last year's Pastor's Dinner by the Miami Baptist Association.

2 comments:

The Learning Journey said...

Very thoughtful ideas... I like 'em.

Jessica said...

I really like your ideas, except for #6. As a pastor's wife myself, i know that my husband already has well over a dozen Bibles. I'm not trying to be mean or cynical, but the fact is that the pastor is probably the last person you would need to give a Bible to. (: I enjoy reading your thoughts!