Thursday, June 4, 2009

My summer vacation begins today


As of 11:42 am this morning summer vacation was officially underway for Mrs. Almeida. (If I might add I LOVE being a teacher especially on days like these).

We've got some exciting plans (nothing quite as cool as our trip to Brazil last year) but we're looking forward to our vacation nonetheless.

Here are some activities planned for the summer for the Almeidas:

-10 year High School Reunion
-Trip to New Orleans with the worship team from DBC
-Cruise to the Bahamas
-Visit family in Kentucky and finally meet my beautiful niece, Julia
-Launch my husband's wedding music business (Brides, stay tuned!)
-Attend my hubby's Senior Recital (Luki is graduating!)
-Many lazy days and sleepovers in Hollywood
-Find and close on our house (Lord, I know it's out there...now all we need you to do is guide us to it.)
-Meli and Phil's wedding
-Our first VBS at DBC (Praying for all of the kids that will be attending and their parents)
-Breakfast, lunch, dinner with friends (Ivett, we have a brunch date pending!)
-Beach and lunch dates with Deby
-Hubby's 27th birthday (He's catching up to me...lol)

Stay tuned for pics...

5 comments:

The Learning Journey said...

My goodness, your plans sound fantastic and eventful... you are right, I really enjoy being a teacher; especially when my students show improvement from beginning to end AND a little something called SUMMER...being with family and friends.

My son woke up this morning and asked me, does daddy have clinicals anymore since there's no school? I said, Daddy still has school, clinicals and work, but I HAVE NO MORE SCHOOL LIKE YOU! He was so excited about that.

Truly, we should pencil in our brunch date! That would be great!

YOU KNOW... THIS MONTH IS OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY FROM MEETING LAST YEAR AT THE PD WORKSHOP! I'm happy to have met you =)

**cH@rLeNe** said...

thats great

Tania said...

The Big easy! You will be amazed how nice people will be to you. Southern hospitality is truly in their blood her, make sure you go to bourbon street and walk the french quarter, I don't encourge the drinking but its a place to see and also grab a bite to eat, there are a lot of restaurants in that particular area. Have fun!

<3. Tania

EmCee said...

wow! sounds like a great summer! maybe on your way to New Orleans you can stop in Tally for some lunch/dinner? you guys gotta eat!! =P

Rute said...

What a coincidence! At the end of this year, it's gonna happen my 10 year High School Reunion.