Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saying Goodbye to April

Three years ago I met a beautiful, blue-eyed, brunette from Pennsylvania. It turns out that this young lady and I would be teaching at the same school, Shenandoah Elementary. We quickly became good friends. However, I always knew that she was only here temporarily and that the time would come to say goodbye.

That time has come. Although it is hard saying goodbye to one of my closest friends I am happy for her because I know that it is the best thing for her and her family.

April, I am grateful that the Lord loaned you to us for the past three years. I have seen you grow into a beautiful wife, mother, and friend. He has great plans for your life and He is going to use you in Pennsylvania. Thank you for making the puzzle of my life a little more complete. I love you!


At our women's small group



End of the Year Luncheon (2007)



April and her husband with their baby boy, Jacob Gaetano (2008)



Shenandoah Farewell Surprise Party (2009)

3 comments:

The Learning Journey said...

Too sweet! Fabulous friendships are priceless.

Rute said...

Oh Indy, saying goodbye is one of the most difficult things in the world... but we can rejoice in knowing that the people we say goodbye are happy and moving on with their lives.

**cH@rLeNe** said...

Oh. That must be so hard for you. You both better KIT (keep in touch)!! :)