Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dessert First?

Here I am sitting in my classroom chewing on a Rice Krispies Treat. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of these but today for some reason unbeknownst to me it looked quite appealing. Problem is that I am having it before my lunch and it has already ruined my appetite.

I think the same things happen when we try to rush into something before God gives us the green light. If you are struggling with a decision and feel no peace may I encourage you to wait on God's timing. When it is time to make a move he will let you know. Wait to eat your dessert at the end of the meal; you will be grateful you did.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Eccleasiastes 3:1

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11

4 comments:

Lucas Almeida said...

Wow mi linda, this is a really good entry, I like the analogy and the verses are just so right!!!

Good job mi linda, I'm poud of you!!!

Love

Luki

The Learning Journey said...

I agree with your hubby, Lucas, you are on point. Nice entry!

Rute said...

I loved the comparison. It's perfect! Sometimes I think about it and I also had some moments in my life that I had to wait... and... you know what? That was the better thing to do! But we only realize that after the occurred.
Just right now I am thinking about some decisions in my life, if we have the opportunity I could tell you more about it... =)
Kisses!! Lov your blog!

**cH@rLeNe** said...

That was cute..heehee. Yes, I also agree with Lucas. And, Lucas you put poud instead of proud. LOL. Oh, and that entry reminds me of this song by John Legend. If you have the time go to youtube and type "Green light by John Legend."