Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

If you are like me then you are probably wondering why call the day of Jesus' crucifixion "Good Friday". I believe it is because of what was done on the cross and it what it means for us today. The bible says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

That's a powerful truth...God sent his one and only son to die for us because it would be impossible for us to do anything on our own to gain salvation. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for God to say "Here's my son. Take his life. He will be the atonement." And I certainly cannot imagine the excruciating pain that Jesus went through as He was spit on, bruised, crushed, whipped, lacerated.

Isaiah 53 is one of my husband's favorite passages in the bible which predicts and depicts what would happen to Jesus. This passage was actually written 750 years before Christ. And every single detail in that chapter was fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

If you have believed that Jesus Christ is God's son and the savior may I encourage you today to set aside some time to meditate on what He did for you. And if you don't yet know Him I would like to encourage you to trust in Him as your savior. Make him your savior. You have nothing to lose.

4 comments:

The Learning Journey said...

Amen my friend! Have a beautiful Easter!

Lucas Almeida said...

And everything to gain!

Rute said...

Hi Indy, here in Brazil, we call this day of "Sexta-feira da Paixão". But I think "Good Friday" is a better name to denominate what this day means to us.

**cH@rLeNe** said...

Omg! You write AMAZING blogs. You express your feelings freely and beautifully!