Monday, February 21, 2011

Fight For Air Climb 2011

As you may have already heard I joined the CrossFit family in December of 2010. One of the things I love most about CrossFit is that they're always challenging us to grow as athletes. On April 16, I will be participating in the American Lung Association's Fight for Air Climb along with the IAMCrossFit Firebreathers (gotta love our team's name). We will be climbing 55 floors to the top of the Wachovia Building in Downtown Miami. Yup, you read it right. We're climbing 55 floors all the way to the top. Just thinking about it is making my legs hurt but I'm excited about being a part of this event in which we will help bring clean air to those who struggle to breathe daily whether it is due to asthma, lung cancer or emphysema. Will you help support this great cause? You can make an online donation here (Remember, they're tax-deductible). Thanks for your support!



A special thank you to my sister and brother-in-law, Mike and Deby, who have made the first donation. =)

Update: Since posting this blog I have received two more donations. One from my mother-in-law and another from a high school friend and fellow cheerleader, Sandy Ortiz. Thanks guys!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That sounds and looks intense!!! I'll definitely be cheering you on! ;)

Melody said...

Indy...how are you??? Been thinking about you a lot lately. Hope ya'll are doing great.
Melody

Aburtomichelle said...

wow Indi you inspire me to change in many ways this is great God is definitely using you :) God blessed

Sandy said...

Good Luck Indy!!