Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Coming Soon: Facebook Fast

They say it takes about 30 days to make a habit and with a new year before us what a great way to begin incorporating some positive, healthy changes. Since my 2011 word of the year is self-control I couldn't think of a better time to take advantage of a 30 Day Facebook Fast than now. Why you may ask? Well, simply put I feel like I am being robbed of one of the most precious commodities God has given me, time. I am certainly not investing it as wisely as I could be when I spend excessive amounts of time socializing in Cyber World.

So in less than 48 hours I will embark on the journey of what I like to call Social Media Deprivation along with 11 other Facebook friends. Many of which have innocently accepted a challenge that will inevitably be life changing. Solo deo gloria. To Him be the glory.

Lord, I pray for all of those friends that have publicly accepted this 30 Day Facebook Fast challenge. I am sure that not all of them signed up with the same intentions but I pray that in the midst of this you would make yourself known to each and every one of them in a tangible way. I pray that they would be able to find you with their whole heart. Lord, use this time to draw us to you and you alone. Bring us back to our first love.

In Jesus' Name,
AMEN


1 Corinthians 9:27
"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't started yet, but did give my facebook an overhaul and will start soon! - Wincy