Monday, June 22, 2009

The Present


I don't know about you but I have been discovering that I have a really hard time just enjoying the "right here and right now" moments in life. I'm constantly thinking, "What's next?" And many times I worry about things that need to get done (i.e. bills that need to get paid, assignments that need to be turned in, deadlines that need to be met, etc.). The worst part is that many times I bombard myself with "What, If" scenarios that never end up happening.

I am convinced that one of the reasons the Lord brought Lucas and I together was probably to teach me how to, in the words of The Beatles, "Let it be". I don't know why my husband is so great at this. Maybe it's because he was born in Bahia (Estado de alegria) or maybe it's because he really gets it. Whatever the reason is all I know is that I want to have that kind of peace and joy. I want to be able to embrace what the Lord has for me right now. Will you join me in enjoying the present?

"And remember that time waits for no one. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called The Present!"
-Unknown

5 comments:

Aburtomichelle said...

i have a hard time two i cant stop thinking of the what if it sucks but iam trying

The Learning Journey said...

That's right. Relish in the moment... it goes by quickly, so take it all in.

Melody said...

This is a great challenge for me personally as I get so focused on "what's next" and many times rush through the here and now.

**cH@rLeNe** said...

sure i will join you in enjoying the present lol. i know how u feel. im always like "what if...?" love ya. have a great summer (:

Hillary said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful, encouraging comment. I said a prayer for you and your husband as you wait on the Lord's timing. I have seen my brokenness in many news ways as I have walked this journey, and have been so thankful for God's grace and faithfulness.