Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can I speak to the supervisor?


In the past two days I have asked the ever so popular "Can I speak to the supervisor?" to two different people on two separate ocassions. I've got to admit that I am one who loves to throw this question around especially when I see that the person who is up front isn't really doing much for me.

Now I ask myself why is it that I love the speak to the supervisor? Why is it that for some reason they are always easier to talk to and more willing to accomodate the customer? I don't know. I guess they are just prepared to deal with people.

And for me it's not so much about getting the problem resolved as it is about the need to be heard and understood. I want to know that although they may not be able to give me what I want or think I deserve, they will at least listen to my concern and will sympathize with me. And something in us wants things to be fair even though we are told over and over, "Life's not fair!"

So what's the point? Well, I have come to the realization this week that God is really helping me in the area of patience. Most people would assume that since I am a teacher a have patience to go around but the truth is that I am far from being a patient person or at least I was. Maybe a few years or even a few months ago I would've failed miserably if I were put to the test like I was last night at Baptist Hospital and today while on the phone with the customer service representative of T-Mobile. But today I feel that I have passed this test. And by no means is it me on my own rather it is God with me also known as "The fruit of the Spirit." "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. " - Galatians 5:22-23

I encourage anyone who is lacking to ask Him for He is the giver of every good and perfect gift. Relish in His glory and love!

4 comments:

Lucas Almeida said...

Great blog mi linda!!! u should write a book!

The Learning Journey said...

Galatians 5:22 is my favorite verse :-)
Yes, we're all a work in progress. Thankfully the Lord carries us through.

Indy said...

We can write it together some day. I love you!

Deby said...

I don't know what has happened with the level of customer service. But I do know that if you speak to a representative that is clearly having a bad day, just say "thanks" and call back to speak to a nicer rep. Another thing I noticed is so many errors made, you have to call back after hanging up and make sure everything they said they will do, they did! Ok, so you used this scenario to discuss a life lesson, but I just felt compelled to provide the lessons I have learned when dealing with customer service reps. To their defense, they have to hear peoples complaints all day, I would be pissed too. No one ever calls and says, "I just want you to know I am so satisfied with _____". When they speak to someone that is nice, they are shocked and want to help!