Saturday, May 21, 2011

If Only _____


Not once, but twice this week alone I have felt God reaching out to me through others. He was saying to me, "Indy, stop thinking if only ____ and enjoy today." Indy, didn't you already learn that? Hasn't this journey through barrenness taught you to be content with what you have and stop longing for what is to come? Well, the truth is that I thought I had learned that lesson but God thought otherwise.

I'm a dreamer. I dream about where I will be a year from today, in five years and even ten years down the road. I dream of some day becoming a mother, raising my family in Brazil, vacationing to Italy, pursuing a degree in biblical counseling, completing a missions trip, adopting a child, writing a book, and on and on my list goes. Some dreams have been there since childhood, others God has slowly placed in my heart through my experiences in life. Regardless of the dream, one thing is certain, I must enjoy the stage of life God has put me in today. Then and only then will I be able to truly appreciate wherever God puts me tomorrow whether He fulfills those dreams or not. My life is in His hands and God will do as He pleases. All I can do is choose to respond the right way.

“But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food. But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind? Whatever he wants to do, he does. So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny."
-Job 23:10-14

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hey friend, I hope that all of your dreams will one day come true. Thanks for sharing the life that you are living for Christ with us through this blog.