Sunday, April 25, 2010

Surprising the Graduate

For the past month or so, Lucas' mother and I have been collaborating, exchanging e-mails and phone calls in the attempt to surprise this very important man in our lives. The very important man being none other than my husband and her son, Lucas Almeida.

You see, Lucas will be graduating this Tuesday and knowing how much it would mean for him to be able to share the special ocassion with his parents, I decided to secretly invite them to attend his commencement ceremony. They accepted the invitation and arrived this past Saturday. They actually drove down all the way from Kentucky (talk about love) to arrive promptly at 6:30 pm. At that time, I snuck outside and showed them into the house. Lucas was in his room preparing his sermon for Sunday when he heard a knock on the bedroom door. His parents opened the door and he froze. As excited as he was to have them here, he was in shock. We got him good! It's a shame that I don't have any pictures but I can say that the look on his face was priceless.

I'm so proud of my husband. He actually completed his Bachelors in July of last year. He didn't really have plans to walk because he was so busy at that time but God had a way of working things out and although it was a little later than we anticipated, Lucas will be walking. His parents are now here and will be celebrating the big day with us. God's timing is always perfect.

Congratulations, Luki. It brings me so much joy to be able to make you happy. I love you forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Congratulations!