Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Surprise!!!

I'm not sure what it is about surprise parties but for some reason I absolutely love them. Although I can barely keep anything from my hubby, this time, it was fairly simple to keep this secret under wraps. Maybe it's because I myself didn't know it was going to happen until 5:30 pm this evening. But most likely it is because the birthday boy was an unsuspecting soon-to-be graduate preparing for his senior recital. He never saw it coming and it was certainly the last thing on his mind when he walked in the house at about 10:00 pm tonight.

It was a short party but it was fun nonetheless. A big thank you to our family for coming in so early and sticking around a little later than we anticipated to make this day special for Luki.


My siblings hiding under the table waiting to surprise Luki.



SURPRISE...We really got him!


Unsuspecting birthday boy arrives at his surprise party.



Delicious ice-cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery (Thank you, Mami, Vito & Tats!)



Showing our family the guayabera I gave him for his birthday. Now he is a real Cuban. ;)



Our family (my side...Luki's side of the family lives in KY but not for long *I say that by faith).

Luki, I pray your birthday was as wonderful for you as it was for me. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my 1st of Julys with you. Thank you for making me one of the world's happiest women. Eu te amo muito e para sempre!

3 comments:

**cH@rLeNe** said...

Aww!! That was so CUTE It was so much fun! But yesterday I was so tired when we came home, I fell right asleep!!!! Hope you had a great day! Love yaaa!!! <3

Anonymous said...

What I like about lucas is that he is very nice,is a great musician,and he is very funny

The Learning Journey said...

Too sweet! Looked great... I liked your "Cuban" gift to him, LOL... now he is Cu-zillian or Br-uban, LOL. We call ourselves Blacktinos (and Nate is Part-a-rican)LOL.