Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Difficult People"

This has been the recurring theme in my life this week as I have been dealing with the many different personalities in my workplace and those that I encounter elsewhere. I have vented but after being quiet I have realized that God is allowing me to meet these people to (here comes my Christianese) "win them over to Christ".

I have found that there are people that I am witnessing to that should I "lose it" then they would have no interest in finding out what Christianity is all about. Rather it will give them the opportunity to say, "She's just like everybody else. Why would I want to be religious like her?"

Although it has been hard to shallow my tongue I have found that in certain instances it is necessary. What good is it going to do for me to express what I really feel if I am going to turn that person off to Christ?

I have come to the conclusion that it is hard for us to see our own flaws and very easy to point someone else's out. Matthew 7:3 puts it this way, " Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

Many times I admit that I am guilty of being that "difficult person". Just ask my husband and my family.

Here's my prayer:

Lord, give me wisdom to deal with difficult people. You have created them and you love them just the same. May your love overflow into my life so that I can share it with them.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

1 comment:

The Learning Journey said...

I prayed your prayer... same experiences here! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!