Monday, November 17, 2008
In just one month...
Lucas and I will be celebrating our Third Wedding Anniversary on December 17th. As I look past on the 1066 days we have spent as husband and wife I can't help but think of the things the Lord has taught me through marriage. Here are just a few that I will share with you.
1. The more you give, the more you receive.
2. When something bothers you kindly and gently (that's the key) let your spouse know.
3. Your spouse can never meet all of your needs (That's God's job).
4. Speak and understand each other's love language.
5. Pray for your spouse and your marriage.
6. It is the wive's duty to respect her husband even when she thinks he doesn't deserve it (We do it out of obedience to God).
7. Learn to forgive quickly and admit when you need to be forgiven.
And here's one of our wedding pictures which I love. I really think it speaks volumes.